frequently asked questions
- what should i wear on the golf courses ?
- A collared shirt or equivalent is required. "Bermuda" shorts are permitted but not swimming or jogging shorts. Spaghetti tops for ladies are not permitted. We recommend bringing trousers in the winter time because of the variable daily temperatures. Only soft spikes are permitted at The Cascades.
- can i rent my golf equipment ?
- Sure! Although we recommend the use of an electric golf cart, both the Championship and Challenge courses can be walked. There are 50 Electric Golf Carts and 75 Trolleys available for hire. You may also rent our fine Wilson, Callaway or Tour Edge Clubs. There is also a golf shop available at La Résidence des Cascades from which you may purchase attire and accessories.
- do i have to reserve tee times ?
- Because Soma Bay is a year-round destination we do recommend reserving especially from September through June, the busiest months.
- i'm staying at the robinson club, how do i get to the cascades ?
- All of the Soma Bay Hotels and Resorts are less than 10 minutes from the Golf Courses via a courtesy shuttle bus that runs continuously.
- what's the weather like ?
- Year-round sunshine with temperatures in the mid 30s in summer, low 20s in winter. Winds originating from the desert and pushing out to sea keep humidity levels particularly low and comfortable, even at the peak of summer. Check out today's weather in Soma Bay.
- are there other things to do besides golf ?
- Soma Bay has comprehensive sports and well-being facilities, including: beautiful beaches, a thalasso-therapy spa, tennis and squash, scuba diving, windsurfing, kitesurfing and sailing. Side trips to Luxor and the Valley of the Kings are also popular day excursions. Click here for more information
If you have further questions, please Contact Us.